Here, you'll find an overview of our general studio policies including cancellations, placement, attendance, rules, eligibility and more.
General Studio Information
- All studio communication is done via email. In order to ensure you are in the know of the latest information you must provide an accurate and up to date email address that you check and read often. You can reach our front office via phone by calling (508) 842-5500, messages will be returned within 24hrs during our normal business hours. Studio reminders and snow cancellations will also be sent to you through our studio Remind app*.
- Elite Academy of Dance is not liable for personal injury, loss or damage of any personal property. Every student is responsible to inform their teacher and the front desk of any injury or limitations they may have that could prevent them from participating fully in class. Our student’s health and safety is our first priority.
- Please see our COVID policies document for our updated procedures.
- Dress code will be implemented in every class.
- No Cell Phones. All cell phones must be turned off and put away during class.
- No Gum, candy, or food allowed during class or on the dance floor.
- No outside street shoes allowed on the dance floor.
- Elite Academy of Dance is entitled to use videography and photography throughout the year. Pictures/videos may be used for advertising or other events. A professional videographer will be provided for purchase of recital videos. By purchasing or using these videos/pictures you adhere to the copyright rules and regulations of the companies. Elite Academy of Dance is not responsible for any misuse that may go against these regulations.
- Please check studio bulletin board, website, and studio newsletter for any upcoming events and information.
- Class schedules, faculty, and performance dates are subject to change. Notice will always be posted in the studio and emailed home.
- When a student enrolls they are considered to be enrolling for the entirety of our season from September – June. With the exception of our KIDZ CLUB program which is a month to month commitment.
- If a student doesn’t show up for class for 2 months and or the student’s account is 2 months behind this students spot will be made available for another dancer.
- The Owner/Director has the right to dismiss a dancer at anytime they feel their behavior or parent’s behavior is not in keeping with Elite’s philosophy and policies.
- A $35 Enrollment, Registration & COVID Safety fee will be charged to every dancer who enrolls for the 2021/2022 season. This fee includes:
· Administrative costs of the registration per dancer at Elite
· Additional health & safety measures in place due to COVID-19 to protect all staff, faculty, students and their families including sanitation stations, medical-grade safe cleaning products for all common spaces & dance areas.
- If necessary to cancel a student’s enrollment early a withdrawal letter must be submitted via email before the 1st of the month that the dancer will no longer be participating. Otherwise payment of full tuition will be required.
- If you choose to withdraw your dancer from Elite and fail to inform the front desk in writing your card will continue to be charged.
- Failure to settle all outstanding balances will be brought to a collections agent. In addition to late fees, a fee equal to 25% of the total balance due will be added to the outstanding balance.
- If you choose to have your dancer withdraw from a class you will be responsible for the remainder of the tuition for that month.
- Every dancer registered at Elite Academy of Dance will be required to have a credit card on file. Any invoice that remains open on the due date of the invoice will get processed on the card on file. If a card is declined for any reason and goes more than 5 days past its due date without being corrected a $10 late fee will be charged to that invoice, NO EXCEPTIONS. **Credit Card forms will be emailed home to be printed and brought into the studio the first week of classes so it can be securely filed. FAMILIES WHO FAIL TO COMPLETE A CREDIT CARD FORM WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO TAKE CLASS AT ELITE ACADEMY OF DANCE.
- You will be invoiced to your email for all costs. You will have the option to pay through your invoice with a credit card or checking account prior to your invoice’s due date. Online payments are available by following the “Pay Online” link in your invoice. The secure online payments will come out of your Checking or Credit Card electronically.
- Starting in September for the 2021/2022 season the front office will be open again to take in person payments. You can pay with cash, check or credit card with the front office staff.
Cancellations due to weather will be announced on the studio website and Facebook page. Please check these websites 1 hour prior to your dancers 1st class. Please visit elitedance-ma.com or facebook.com/elitedance. Make-up lessons are available for all classes missed due to weather. We may not always cancel classes when school does.
Community Appearances, Performances and other Activities
Elite Academy of Dance feels it is important to be involved throughout the community and embrace other opportunities that may come up. Invitations and information about these events will be presented to students throughout the year.
Classes, Placement and Levels of students
A minimum number of students are required to hold a class. If a class does not have the appropriate number of students one week prior to when classes begin that class will be canceled or combined with another class.
Students are placed in appropriate classes according to age, and sometimes according to experience, and skill level. Dance classes are not always the same as grade levels in school. There is an end of the year evaluation given for the benefit of each student; this is based on the expertise of our faculty. The dancers best interest is always in mind. A student may not always move to the next level, or stay at the same level each year.
It is the responsibility of you to ensure that your child attends every class. If you will be late or will be missing class for a legitimate reason, please contact the studio ahead of time to notify us. There are no refunds given for missed classes. Missed classes may be made up within the same age level during the regular season (September-June), permitted there is space in a class while keeping within the recommended state guidelines for amount of children in a class room. Please see the front desk to see which class would be appropriate for the make-up lesson. Please be sure your dancer arrives on time for class and pick your child up promptly after their class is dismissed.
We will be indefinitely postponing any in person observation weeks for the 2021/2022 season due to COVID-19.