Home of 4X Grand National Champions! Elite's prestigious company is well known for its versatile training, supportive environment, and award winning choreography. While training with our company, dancers are groomed and prepared for careers in the dance industry and beyond.
You can see our Company Alumni pursuing professional dance careers touring in Broadway shows, Walt Disney World, Music Videos, TV, dance companies, and collegiate dance teams throughout the country.
Company auditions for the 2019 - 2020 season will be held June 18th-20th 2019.
For those that are not able to attend in June there is a late audition Thursday August 8th. These auditions are relevant and necessary for each dancer’s class and company placement. An audition fee is required with completed paperwork and is due upon your specific audition date. Below you will find a detailed schedule for the week of auditions. Please note these auditions are for placement onto the Elite Academy of Dance Company. Placement is contingent upon the director, teachers, and judge’s approval. Audition ages are a guide for placement. Please be aware that just because your dancer may attend a specific age group, does not mean these are the dancers he/she will be dancing with come fall. This audition process allows us to re-evaluate current company members and evaluate any new or prospective dancers wishing to join the Elite Company. We want to ensure that each dancer is being placed correctly after their growth from the previous season, and want to ensure they continue to grow this upcoming season. All dancers are required to audition whether they are a new or a returning student.
- Please note: The audition fee is Cash or Check only. No Exceptions. This is due the first day of the audition. A dancer will not be permitted to audition until the audition fee is paid in full.
- **Due to the formality of auditions and placements we ask that all new students, pre register for auditions by inquiring with the front office.
- The audition fee covers: fall registration fee, audition fee, and placement/processing fee. **Audition fees are non refundable.
- All Dancers should bring ALL of their dance shoes
- All who audition are required to audition for Ballet
- Other than Ballet, dancers only have to audition in the genres in which they wish to compete in and take in the fall. Ballet is included in the audition so that we can evaluate technique not because we will be competing in Ballet. We would like to make sure we are placing our dancers appropriately even in their technique classes.
- Dress code: Appropriate dance attire. Female dancers: Hair pulled back and secure in a bun.
- Audition registration occurs half an hour prior to the audition call time on the first day of auditioning. Your dancer will receive an audition number on their first day of auditions, and will keep that same number throughout the week.
- Each dancer will be scored and individually evaluated by a panel of judges. Dancers will be placed on company based upon individual LEVEL and NOT age. Not all dancers who audition for company will be accepted. Non-competitive classes will be recommended for all dancers who do not get placed on Company. Technique in each genre of dance is the most heavily weighed score. In acro/tumbling we will be implementing the Acrobatic Arts* level and testing syllabus. This syllabus and teaching system is based upon flexibility, strength, and tumbling ability combined. Levels are NOT based upon age but upon technique and ability. There can and will be a wide variety of ages in each level of acro/tumbling for the 2019-2020 season. Modern placements will be decided upon by ballet technique.
- Please note: Some dancers may be required to attend a call back during a secondary age level. This will be specified to dancers personally if applicable.
- Choreography for all solos, duos, trios, and select specialty groups will be held throughout July and August. All other choreography will be started and finished on predetermined weekends throughout the months of September and October with the choreographer.
Audition Dates & Times
**Please attend the audition according to your dancers age as of January 1, 2020
Tuesday June 18th Ballet Audition (All dancers are required to audition for *BALLET)
Ages 5-8 *Ballet 4:00-5:00pm
Ages 9-12 *Ballet 5:00-6:00pm
Ages 13-15 *Ballet 6:00-7:00pm
Ages 16+ *Ballet 7:00-8:00pm
Wednesday June 19th Tap, Jazz and Lyrical/Contemporary Audition
Jazz, Lyrical/Contemp 5:00-5:30pm
Jazz, Lyrical/Contemp 5:00-6:00pm
Jazz, Lyrical/Contemp 6:00-7:00pm
Jazz, Lyrical/Contemp 7:00-8:00pm
Thursday June 20th, Hip Hop and Acro/Tumbling Audition
Hip Hop - 4:45-5:15pm
Hip Hop - 4:15-4:45pm
Hip Hop - 5:15-5:45pm
Hip Hop - 5:45-6:15pm
**Late Company Audition: Thursday August 8th
All Dancers interested in joining the Elite Company must audition for a spot on the team. This is a secondary date for all new students who cannot attend the June weeklong audition. **Audition fee is required and non-refundable. New dancers must pre register prior to this auditions
Thursday August 8th All Genres
Ages 5-8 4:00-5:00pm
Ages 9-12 5:00-6:00pm
Ages 13-15 6:00-7:00pm
Ages 16 7:00-8:00pm
Video submissions are accepted if a dancer is unable to physically be present during audition dates.
For more information on registering for our 2019-2020 company, please email us at email@example.com