We are thrilled to be able to reopen and get back into the studio with our dancers! As the situation with COVID-19 and reopening has evolved and continues to evolve, we have created plans for the upcoming dance season. This information includes current procedures regarding COVID-19 and our business as well as the safety measures we have and will continue to implement. We are also aware that the situation may evolve at any point, so this information is subject to change and be updated with your dancer’s health and safety in mind. While we have active procedures for us all to follow today, we may be required to change in the future based on the recommendations of the Massachusetts state government, CDC, and medical professionals we have kept in dialogue with throughout the pandemic. If these procedures are required to change, we will update them on the COVID-19 section of our website as well as send an email to all Elite dance families. Know that our priority will always be the safety and health of our dancers and their families.
We understand all of the Elite family has been impacted and affected by COVID-19 in various ways. We have established these procedures to allow us to be able to reopen, have a sense of “normalcy” and to minimize the further impact to our dancers, families, and staff. As you read through and familiarize yourself with these new policies, please reach out to our office if you have any questions or concerns and we will work to find a solution that still prioritizes dancer safety as well as their dance education experience. If any dancer or faculty member is unable to or unwilling to adhere to and follow these procedures, they will not be able to return to Elite this fall.
Each student, staff member, and family have the power to help keep us all safe throughout this process. We will outline each person’s impact and responsibility for you to help us all understand how what we do impacts those around us.
Elite Faculty: We are committed to ensuring all policies established are being followed without exception to ensure dancer safety. We are also committed to following all CDC and Massachusetts guidelines for safety outside of work as well to minimize exposure and risk.
Elite Dancers: Dancers are responsible for reading, understanding, and following all policies, taking direction from Elite Faculty and Staff when given, and helping their fellow dancers to follow the policies as well.
Elite Families: Help continue to educate your dancers on the policies if/when they change, discuss the importance of following these guidelines, and to communicate with respect and compassion as we all navigate a “new normal”.
General Elite Facility Policies:
- Students must bring their own water. The bubbler will be closed until further notice. We highly recommend a disposable water bottle to mitigate the potential for contact spread back to your home.
- The studio lobby is closed until further notice to all parents and family members.
- Dancers upon arrival will stop at a “sanitation station” to utilize our provided hand sanitizer, will sanitize their hands in between classes, and upon exit when their classes are complete.
- All studio rooms have 6-foot tape grids and markers to ensure each dancer participates at a safe social distance in a contact-free class style. Each of our four studio rooms have capacities set by state guidelines based on square footage and teacher to student ratios.
- Dancers must arrive to the studio in their dance attire. No changing areas will be open for dancers.
- Bathrooms are open, however, if your dancer is attending only one class, we recommend utilizing the restroom before arriving at Elite. Dancers must wear a mask to and from the restroom and wash and sanitize their hands after use.
- Dancers are allowed to bring one small dance bag that includes only what they need for dance class. Please no stuffed animals, toys, “show & tell” items, etc.
- Bathrooms and general studio areas will be sanitized once per hour. The dance studio rooms will be fully sanitized in between each class. Tumbling mats will be sanitized between each class as well as ballet barres.
Pick Up Drop Off Procedures:
- Dancers must be dropped off at the front entrance, socially distanced on the markers on the ramp wearing their mask and will be taken into the studio to their respective class with an Elite staff member all while still socially distancing. Parent must stay with their dancer on the x until brought into studio. If they are under the age of 9.
- For pick up, you will be given a 15-minute pickup time window (this time window will be specified to you at registration). Please do not be late. An Elite staff member will dismiss each class to their parent or guardian. It is the parent or guardians responsibility to be present when the class is being dismissed.
- The family member who is dropping off and/or picking up the dancer must wear a face covering while socially distancing. No exceptions.
- Parents cannot wait in the studio. You must wait in your vehicle or return at time of drop off.
Elite Student & Staff Policies:
- Dancers or staff experiencing any health/wellness symptoms should not attend class and immediately notify the front office. If they begin to experience symptoms once at Elite, they will immediately be quarantined, a parent will be notified for immediate pick up, and any areas where the dancer or staff member has been will be emptied and sanitized immediately. Symptoms include:
- Cough/shortness of breath
- Excessive sneezing
- Abnormal fatigue
- Stomach upset
- Dancers or staff who have been exposed to anyone COVID-19 positive must self-quarantine for 14 days from exposure. Dancers and staff are not allowed to return to Elite until the 14-day quarantine period is over and they are symptom free.
- Dancers and staff with a family member that lives in their household who has been exposed to COVID-19 must follow the same self-quarantine procedure above.
- Dancers and staff who have travelled outside Massachusetts or has been exposed to someone who has traveled outside Massachusetts must follow the guidelines set forth by the state and possibly do a 14-day self-quarantine procedure. The Massachusetts Covid-19 travel order information can be found at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
- All Elite Faculty will wear a face covering while in the studio teaching. Dancers can but are not required to wear a mask during class. Dancers are required to wear a mask for pick up and drop off, to and from the bathroom, and anytime they are outside of their studio room.
- If there is a COVID-19 positive exposure at Elite, we will notify all Elite families immediately as the studio will be required to close for 14 days from the last date that person was in the facility. During that time the studio will be fully sanitized top to bottom and all classes will be held via Zoom for continuity of education. If your dancer was in potential close proximity to the positive party we will also notify you so that you can self-quarantine for 14 days from that potential exposure.
- In the event that we are required to close in-person classes per the state government or CDC guidelines, we will continue to offer online Zoom classes for all recreational and company classes. Details will be provided should this alternative class method be required at any point throughout the studio dance year.
- In the event we are unable to have a live in-person recital per event regulations from the state government or CDC, we will still have a virtual recital. Details will be provided should this alternative option take place.
- Once recital costumes are purchased, they are non-refundable for any reason. Your $25 per costume deposit is non-refundable at any point in time for any reason. If costumes have not been purchased but you have paid for them in full, we are able to refund the balance less the $25 deposit per costume.
- Our regular tuition policies will remain in place in the event of classes moving to the zoom format.
- We will be indefinitely postponing any in person observation weeks for the 2020/2021 season.
A $50 Enrollment, Registration & COVID Safety fee will be charged to every dancer enrolling at Elite for the 2020/2021 season.
This fee includes:
· Administrative costs of the registration per dancer at Elite
· Additional health & safety measures in place due to COVID-19 to protect all staff, faculty, students and their families including sanitation stations, medical-grade safe cleaning products for all common spaces & dance areas, as well as additional staff to ensure consistent sanitation of the studio on an hourly basis and safe pick-up and drop-off processes to keep your family safe