We are so excited to be back dancing in-studio with all our Elite dancers this season! As the pandemic protocols on a state and local level continue to evolve, we have established our current Elite COVID-19 protocols based on the information provided to us from our local Board of Health and government officials as of today to keep everyone in our Elite family safe and dancing.
Please know that these protocols will likely evolve and be amended throughout the year. Updates will be emailed, posted on social media (Instagram & Facebook) as well as updated on our website under COVID Policies. Know that our priority will always be the safety and health of our dancers and their families as we amend and review these policies throughout the year. Please feel free to reach out to our office if you have any questions after reading through these policies. All policies are mandatory for families, dancers, and staff to follow to attend Elite this season.
General Elite Facility Policies:
- Students must bring their own water. The bubbler will be closed until further notice.
- Dancers upon arrival to the studio will stop at a “sanitation station” to utilize our provided hand sanitizer before entering the studio lobby.
- All studio rooms have 6-foot spacing and markers to ensure each dancer participates at a safe social distance. Each of our four studio rooms have capacities set by state guidelines based on square footage and teacher to student ratios.
- Dancers are allowed to bring one small dance bag that includes only what they need for dance class. Please no stuffed animals, toys, “show & tell” items, etc.
Pick Up Drop Off Procedures:
All dancers and parents/guardians are required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status at all pick up and drop offs for the time being while at Elite! No exceptions!
Dancers age 5 and under
- One parent or guardian (no siblings, friends, etc.) should accompany the dancer into the studio. That parent/guardian should stay in the lobby for the duration of their dancer’s class (in case of things like potty breaks!)
Dancers age 6 and over
- One parent or guardian (no siblings, friends, etc.) is welcome to enter the studio lobby to drop their dancer off and ensure they are in the appropriate waiting area before their teacher comes to retrieve them to take them back to class. The parent or guardian can return to pick up their dancer no earlier than 5 minutes before the end of their class time due to capacity restrictions. Please try to be prompt as we have mandated capacity restrictions that we have to adhere to so we will not be able to have students stay late or additional parents and guardians coming early/late.
Elite Student & Staff Policies:
- Dancers or staff experiencing any health/wellness symptoms should not attend class and immediately notify the front office. If they begin to experience symptoms once at Elite, even minor, they will immediately be quarantined in the facility, a parent will be notified for immediate pick up, and any areas where the dancer or staff member has been present will be emptied and sanitized immediately.
- Dancers age 5 and over are required to wear a mask as well in the studio and during class until further notice. Parents are required to wear a mask for pick up and drop off.
- If there is a COVID-19 positive exposure at Elite, we will notify all Elite dancers who were in close contact with the positive person as soon as possible. During that time the studio may need to be closed to be fully sanitized top to bottom. Classes may be held via Zoom for continuity of education or in person make-ups will be scheduled pending negative test and quarantine period expiration for your dancer.
- In the event that we are required to close in-person classes per the state government or CDC guidelines, we will continue to offer online Zoom classes for all recreational and company classes. Details will be provided should this alternative class method be required at any point throughout the studio dance year.
- In the event we are unable to have a live in-person recital per event regulations from the state government or CDC, we will still have a virtual recital. Details will be provided should this alternative option take place.
- Our regular tuition policies will remain in place in the event of classes moving to the zoom format.
- We will be indefinitely postponing any in-person observation weeks for the 2021/2022 dance season
WHAT DO I DO WHEN…?
All the information below will apply to all dancers and faculty regardless of vaccination status.
**PCR and/or Rapid tests are accepted including the at-home tests.
When can I return to dance?
Do I have to get tested?
Dancer is exposed to a known positive person
Dancer must receive a negative test day 2 or later post exposure date. If you elect to not get tested, dancer can quarantine for 10 days before returning as long as they show no symptoms.
Yes, the dancer must get a test on or after the 2nd day from the date of exposure.
Dancer is exposed to a potential or presumed positive person
Wait for the potential exposure person to notify you of their test results (dancer should not attend dance until results of exposure are known and confirmed). If negative, you can return to dance immediately. If they are positive see the protocol above.
If your exposure person turns out to be negative, then no, you do not need a test. If they are positive see the protocols for known positive exposure above.
Dancer is experiencing symptoms, even mild, including but not limited to fever, cough (even mild), sneezing, sore throat, headache, runny nose or congestion, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell, stomach upset, body aches
The fastest way to get back to dance is to have a negative test result. However, if you are unable to get your dancer tested or if you do not wish to have your dancer tested, they must complete a mandatory extended 14-day quarantine from the day their symptoms began before they can return to dance.
YES/NO, if experiencing COVID-19/DELTA like symptoms you must have a negative test result before returning to dance OR complete a mandatory extended 14-day quarantine from the date your symptoms began.
Member of dancer’s household exposed to known positive or presumed positive person
Member of the household should quarantine and get tested 2+ days after exposure. If the household member is negative the dancer does not need to quarantine or get tested to return. Dancer must remain home until the familymember in the household is confirmed negative.
If family member is negative, no. If family member is positive see “dancer exposed to known positive person” protocol above and amend that your dancer's last date of “exposure” is the 10th day after the family member’s positive test result.
Dancer travelled out of the state of Massachusetts
Must follow all MA State Travel Advisory Guidelines for isolation & testing found at www.mass.gov
It is highly recommended that dancers who travel out of the state still follow the testing advisory before returning to dance.
Dancer tested positive for COVID-19
Dancer must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days after the positive test result.
No, once dancer has completed the mandatory 10 day quarantine period they are able to return to dance without an additional COVID-19 test