Here, you'll find an overview of our general studio policies including cancellations, placement, attendance, rules, eligibility and birthday party information.
Our 2018 Recital will be held in June at Worcester State Auditorium. Select Day and times are TBA. Detailed recital information is emailed home closer to the spring. It is required that every student participating in recital must also attend dress rehearsal.
*ALL invoices must be paid in full for your child to participate in recital.
Cancellations due to weather will be announced on the studio website and Facebook page. Please check these websites 1 hour prior to your dancer's 1st class. Please visit elitedance-ma.com or facebook.com/elitedance. Make-up lessons will be posted as necessary.
*We may not always cancel classes when school does.
A minimum number of students are required to hold a class. If a class does not have the appropriate number of students one week prior to when classes begin that class will be canceled.
Placement of Levels and Students
Students are placed in appropriate classes according to age, experience, and skill level. Dance classes are not always the same as grade levels in school. There is an end of the year evaluation taken and issued for the benefit of each student; this is based on the expertise of our faculty. The dancers best interest is always in mind. A student may not always move to the next level, or stay at the same level each year.
At Elite Academy of Dance it is very important that you, the parent is informed about how your child is progressing. A very exciting program we hold twice throughout the year is our observation week where you are invited into class to watch your child dance. Observation weeks are held in December and May; specific dates will be posted and sent home.
It is the responsibility of you and your child to try to attend every class. If you will be late or will be missing class for a legitimate reason, please call the studio ahead of time to notify us. If there is no answer please leave a message, or inform the instructor ahead of time. There are no refunds given for missed classes, however, classes may be made up within the same age level during the regular season (September-May). If you have any questions as to which class would be appropriate for the make-up lesson, please see the front desk. Please be sure your dancer arrives on to for class and pick your child up promptly after their class is dismissed.
- Elite Academy of Dance is not liable for personal injury, loss or damage of any personal property. Every student is responsible to inform their teacher and the front desk of any injury or limitations they may have that may prevent them from participating fully in class. Our student’s health and safety is our priority.
- Students must arrive 15 minutes prior to class. If a student is 15 minutes late or more, he or she will be asked to sit and watch class. This rule is enforced for the safety of your child.
- Students must be picked up promptly after their class is dismissed.
- Dress code will be implemented in every class.
- There is NO SMOKING in or around the dance studio.
- No Cell Phones. All cell phones must be turned off and put away during class.
- No Gum, candy, or food allowed during class or on the dance floor.
- No street shoes allowed on the dance floor.
- Elite Academy of Dance is entitled to use videography and photography throughout the year. Pictures/videos may be used for advertising or other events. A professional photographer and videographer will be provided for purchase of recital pictures and videos. By purchasing or using these videos/pictures you adhere to the copyright rules and regulations of the companies. Elite Academy of Dance is not responsible for any misuse that may go against these regulations.
- Please check studio bulletin board, website, and studio newsletter for any upcoming events and information.
- Class schedules, faculty, observation week, and performance dates are subject to change. Notice will always be posted in the studio.
If you are interested in celebrating your dancer’s birthday with us at Elite Academy of Dance, please inquire about this opportunity at the front desk for detailed information and pricing!
Students who are invited to audition and participate on the Elite Company throughout the year must be enrolled in 3 weekly technique classes in addition to their choreography classes. As a student on the Elite Company you and your guardian will be required to sign a competition team contract and adhere to those and all of the studio policy rules. Dancers who are both perspective students and returning students must (re)audition every year. There is a $195.00 fee to audition for company.
- By participating in competitions you are required to also make competition entry fees, convention fees, and competition costume payments on time.
- A $300 costume deposit is due upon registration. Balances and credits for competition costumes will also be billed or issued accordingly.
- A Flat $35 Yearly Elite Competition / Convention registration fee for the year will be issued before or directly after the first competition. This fee is non-refundable.
Community Appearances, Performances and other Activities
Elite Academy of Dance feels it is important to be involved throughout the community and embrace other opportunities that may come up. Invitations and information about these events will be presented to students throughout the year.
Recital pictures are in the spring closer to Recital. During this time regularly scheduled classes will not be held. Should you be interested in having your dancer’s picture taken, you will sign up for a time slot at the front desk and arrive on time to your photo shoot time slot in the appropriate costumes.
*There are no scheduled makeup classes held for this time.
Monthly Studio Information
Important Studio information will constantly be sent home in the form of a newsletter to your email account. Please open and read the monthly newsletter thoroughly as VERY IMPORTANT information will be sent home for your knowledge and convenience to keep everyone informed throughout the year. It is your responsibility to open and read all information. This information will also be posted in the studio waiting room on the bulletin board. Notices will NOT be sent home with your dancer containing this important information.